8.16.2011

Simplicity.......well, sometimes not



kick up rudder box / boarding step

prep work required to laminate 5 layers of bi-directional glass over the stainless pivot tubes


a close up of the very odd way that I had to wrap the pivot tubes. Sometimes the order in which you build things is very important. As you can see, I boxed myself into a corner and had to hog out a slot so that I can slide saturated glass in place sideways .  The yellow goo is vacuum seal tape placed so that resin will not get into the pivot tube.  The tube sections were bonded in place first with a rod that insured alignment.


With all due respect for the confidentiality of the design, I have included an illustration of the rudder box as shown in the plan set.  I have removed all technical notes but include these illustrations so that one can get a better idea of the end result.


1 comments:

grinell smith said...

they look like very solid, very uncomfortable chairs..