7.10.2012

ladder, bucket, anchor


Although this may seem like an off target post, I include it as an example of why it is sometimes nice to have a few random things lying around the shop.  As luck would have it, the anchor height = ladder + bucket.  

In preparation for painting, I realized that I had not yet installed the anchor line tube into the forward portion of the lower bridge deck. To do this, it was necessary for me to gather up the ground tackle and temporarily put all the pieces together to determine the proper angle of the entrance tube.  This small tube is not shown in the photo but it needed to be installed so that under tension, the anchor rode will be concentric with the axis of the anchor roller and the power windlass

This will be my hurricane anchor.  It is a Fortress  FX - 85 which has a working load of 5200 lbs.    





*  in the lower portion of this photo, you can also see the mast which is suspended from the shop rafters at head level.  As a reminder if it's existence, I often bash my head into it.  

0 comments: