12.16.2009

Stressful sawing


Cutting a gaping hole in the bottom of the port side hull was a stressful thing to do.  After days and days of stretching string lines, making measurements, swinging plumb bobs, wielding levels, shining lasers and pretty much convincing myself that I knew where to cut my centerboard case hole, I went ahead and cut it......will the case fit...... or will I have to build a new boat?  The wood piece is a representation of the cross section of the centerboard case and here, I am using it to check the fit of the case before I man handle it in place.

1 comments:

grinell smith said...

remember that time we put a skylight in the kitchen at momma and daddy's house, and daddy had to leave until we were finished because he couldn't watch us cut a hole with a skilsaw in his perfectly good roof? or that nesting dinghy i build for the lynn coya that required building the boat complete then cutting it in half? so this must've been that X 100