11.15.2010

Marine Refrigeration system

I decided upon a modular marine refrigeration system which will allow me to build  the type of frig freeze unit that I want.  This unit weighs in at only 10 lbs and with proper box design, I plan on building a deep freeze to stockpile fish along the way. I'm hoping there will be a few fish left in the ocean come this summer when we launch.



Rather than use the conventional condensing unit,  I opted for the "keel cooler". This dumps the heat that is being removed from the fridge / freezer into the water on the outside of the boat rather than inside the cabin  interior. ( no need to have a heater in your boat when your in the tropics )



Unfortunately, this condensing unit weights approximately 1,200 lbs. is 4 ft tall and about 10 feet in length. 

2 comments:

builder said...

Yeah, not to mention the huge amount of drag that will produce!

You may be no faster than a monohull if you install that thing!

lol

Anonymous said...

Very amusing, great information and thanks for showing us your great work.