3.17.2011

engine controls

Being a twin engine craft, I needed to be able to  control both engines, at both steering stations.  To do this, I opted to go with two single function controls each side.   With these controls, the boat should be able to be maneuvered like a battle tank or bull dozier .........I'll no doubt have to deal with a bunch of cables but the alternative is to spend thousands on electronic controls.  The trick will be figuring out a way to mount them so that they do not take up too much space down below in the aft cabins....... Maybe I'll need to build pedestals for them?........I'm just making stuff up as I go.

   

2 comments:

Jason said...

Wow, she is turning into a very nice boat. I have been interested in the F44SC since Ian announced the plans. I will be traveling to Oregon at the end of May/ beginning of June. I was wondering if I might be able to come and see the boat in person.

Unknown said...

absolutely...... I'm in Hood River, OR so just give me a call. The weather should be a lot better then and I think I will be ramping up the effort about that time. I'm doing all I can with the cooler weather but it's difficult to make any real progress when you're waiting on epoxy to cure.

email me: baselinedesign@gmail.com