5.26.2012

Improving the fish eye view.

My intentions were to allow myself a few cosmetic imperfections on the under side of this ship but since I  have chosen to use insanely expensive Awlgrip paint as my topcoat, it seemed like a shame to paint over a sub par surface.....so.  You guessed it.  Decided to trade a few more days under a palm tree for a few more days in the shop.   


You're looking at the under side of the port side aft hull.

I've used my v-grove trowel to apply micro / epoxy over the hull surface

Here's the port side escape hatch and if you look closely, you will notice that I am working my way forward with the filler. After this step is complete, I'll use the long board to knock it all down, apply another skim coat and then I'll have a fair surface for the fish to look at. 

I think any vehicle that has an escape hatch is worthy of note.  Ian Farrier doesn't mess around. 

Here's a shot of the under side of the port side hull.

0 comments: