11.06.2007

a little mist

Since my polyurethane glue is moisture cure, I mist the edge of the last plank before positioning the next plank. Again, the strip of plastic keeps the hull foam from sticking to the mold stringers. ....oh, when I position the plank with the glue on it, I try to slide the two planks together so that the glue really makes full edge to edge contact and works its self into the other ,slightly moistened, edge. .....for anyone building in the South, you can skip the "mist"; just glue the planks after an afternoon thunderstorm.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allen -
Have enjoyed following your building adventure. I was wondering about your change from PL glue to Gel Magic (2006) now back to PL glue.
Andrew

Unknown said...

edge gluing with gel magic was a hassle and fairing the seams required a lot of back breaking work with disk sanders. The Polyurethane glue allowed me to work the foam hull section with 36grit sanding block like it was a big giant surf board.